Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunday Morning Coming Down

It is a beautiful summer Sunday day here is St John's Newfoundland...one of those kinda days when I really don't want to stay in the house. But we don't have any plans for today other than to clean the place and catch up on the laundry. I think my angel has a "Jigg's Dinner" planned for tonight's meal...a delicious mean I some enjoy! (I am learning this Newfie talk some good..hey boy, huh?)

Someone asked on my last post when I was going back to Florida...my plan is to go back for a couple of weeks the first of November and then come back here for another six months.

I know that some of you are out of the loop so I will try to explain. Sweetthing and I have separated...we are still and always will be friends. I have met a wonderful woman that loves me and I who love dearly who lives here in St John's. If I can convince the Canadian government to give me a "green card" I plan to live here. In fact, I plan to live here no matter...I will just have to leave the country for 24 hours and then return for another six months.

Immigration to Canada is a bitch for someone my age. I reckon it is because they are afraid I will be a drain on their social system. So far they are telling us that although I have the income to support my angel and myself she has to sponsor me and show that she can support me...WTF? OVER? Moreover she has to have $10,000 in assets plus the income. She has neither right now. So, it may be a matter of us just moving to the states although neither of us really want to.

I am healthier here than I was in the states. Maybe it is the air which is a damn sight cleaner. I am able to breath and that gives me the ability to walk which we do a lot of...every day! My diabetes is a lot easier to control because of the exercise and I have been able thus far to keep the weight off even though Newfie eating is high calorie, heh. (Deep fried Cod Fish and French Fries are some GOOD!)

I hope to be able to stay here where it is peaceful and relaxing enough that I might be able to find the self discipline to do what I have wanted to do for some time...write. I have the stories outlined in my head and some on file but just have not been able to find the energy nor discipline to put the tales on paper...wish me luck, heh.

We don't have a vehicle yet. I would like to bring my Ram up here but it doesn't look like an option because of the expense driving it here...high dollar gas in Canada plus the expense of getting across the water on the ferry. We will look into buying something here later...kinda want a mini-van...something that will get some good mileage plus room to carry camp gear next summer if we decide to move to the states. We also want to tour the island and see the parks as well as visit her relatives.

Life is wonderful my friends when one wakes to a hug and a kiss in the morning. And the jumpstart tastes just as good here as anywhere else. The cackeberries and toast kinda make up for the lack of grits...so far...may be asking for a care package from Georgia one of these days, heh. Y'all come, heah?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar