Without going into too many details right now, Lil sis and I are taking off tomorrow for Missoula to help my brother clean his house. There has been drama there for a while and things are in a bad state. As he has two little girls that are autistic it is important that we step in to help. I know this is what mom would have wanted us to do. ( but then mom was the greatest enabler of them all). Lil sis also raised a very successful, beautiful daughter that suffered from autism so she has strong feeling about this help. Lil bro has no life skills, he never has as mom protected him in all ways. I will not be taken advantage of financially by him. I will go over with my vacuum and cleaning supplies and help him organize and dig out, but he will have to maintain as it will never happen again. Of course their car is broken down and not fixable. Realize that Bro at the ripe old age of 52 has never bought his own vehicles. He has always driven cars mom provided. We will not help with the car. I personally think he should go car less and use the city bus system and uber. They cannot afford to maintain a car or the insurance. Bro has an old truck of dad's that runs and I think he needs to use that for his gigs (he is a DJ) and his wife and girls will have to use the bus or walk. His wife can take the truck to work. We will not help with a car.
We have had many conversations on the phone and I have made it very clear. I reminded him that we always knew this day was coming. But he never prepared for the future as he never had a future, just poverty and need. Family what can I say? Right now he is willing to learn and to help himself, so we will go help him. You cannot save a sucking chest wound and I told him that straight out. He had to make some changes. We can provide emotional and physical support but no cash.
I was really busy yesterday with wedding dresses and beading a wedding veil. I have two bridal fittings to day after 4 p.m. The littles are here today so not much important sewing is getting done. I have been pretty proud of myself this week as I got through is with only one major breakdown. But I kept my chin up stayed busy and I am in a better place. Still staying on the low carb dist and saving where I can. I pulled burger, chicken, and steaks out of the freezer for meals this week. I also froze a container of chicken chili for later and a package of prepared taco meat. SO, I used up onions, meats, a lb of beans, stock, cheese,from my storage. It is going down. The upstairs freezer if seeing empty space for the first time in a while.
I am going to try and work on a few projects in the shop even with the littles, we will see.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.
Kim

0 Yorumlar