Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dancing in Butchart Gardens



A yearly pass to Butchart Gardens allows me to visit as often as I like. Miss A's mother used to work here and has a lifetime pass, so Miss A knows the gardens quite well. It's beautiful at every season.

I thought you might like to see some of the larger vistas. Ethereal clouds of pink blossoms feature in almost every view. Here the pink is juxtaposed with the bright first willow leaves.
 

The loveliness of the clouds of blossom made my heart ache.
When Miss A and I discussed how beautiful everything she was, she began singing as we walked. "The trees are so beautiful - I love the camellias - Thank you, God for the flowers - The world is a beautiful place - How pretty is the grass" and so on. I walked silently beside her as she sang without stopping for at least 5 minutes. Utterly charming, lacking any self-consciousness. Magical. 


A thousand shades of green offer a perfect foil to the blossoms. Soon that white birch tree will be filled with leaves, but now it stands out as a pale silhouette.


Flowering red currant is so pretty against the water. I think that's what this is, although I don't usually see it hanging downwards.
 

Miss A and I watched the water fountain swaying back and forth for awhile and then she began dancing, following the rhythm of the water. She pointed her toes, extended her arms, crossed her feet. More magic.

All that singing and dancing and walking was followed by a chocolate cookie and a drink of water in the coffee shop, then home to make Christmas trees out of play dough. The mind of a 4-year-old is a wonderful thing!

Tell me, is spring starting to appear out your way? I hope so. I thought of my readers in the eastern part of the continent as I admired all these lovely blooms. Soon. Spring.

 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar