Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bloggers Lens: MBGN 2013, Pageant or Endorsement...


Haha I know I will go to hell for this lol. But good or bad  mouth must talk wetin eyes see. Simple, I watched the finale through to the end. Here’s what my eyes saw (and yeah I had my glasses on so I saw clearly, lol)

Everything seemed to be going on as planned until the comperes started calling out the names of the best 15.  Miss Abia was the 15th number to be called and the crowd went wild…me  I fainted. Reason, Miss Abia tripled and almost fell on stage during the dinner gown walk. What happened to other fine girls who strutted the catwalk flawlessly? My eyes took in all the scene, my brain was doing the analysis.   One of the judges pointed out to the compere, ‘no it is the other lady from the east’ and Miss Abia had to take a walk…you should have seen her face. He was talking about Miss Imo.  That girl…:) continue after cut...

Then came the first 5, Miss Adamawa, Miss Kaduna,  Miss Imo, Miss Bayelsa and Miss Abuja. The lord was on their side…their diction, the subtlety in their voices, their composure. They were prepared…their answers to the questions say as much. But the devil was also prowling. Miss Abuja was the one devoured. I pity the girl. She stuttered back and forth, forth and back. The crowd waited. The question was, ‘name some places you visited during your stay in camp.’ Dunno if I phrased it well but na wetin the question dey talk. Like I said, the devil was also prowling.




We were left with the last two standing; Miss Imo and Miss Bayelsa.  The crowd waited avidly for the judges to announce the winner. They were both beautiful plus the two sabi talk. What was it; right or wrong, wrong or right. Something was amiss. What was it? And then one of the judges took the envelope to the compere in exchange for the mic.  His mouth opened and then…

‘it was difficult to arrive at the decision and we had to consult the governor. He is a transparent man…’  Other words followed. He was talking about Bayelsa state governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson. I fainted...

The winner is Miss Bayelsa! That was Guy Bruce. Did I say something was amiss...

I should have gone on and on but it wouldn’t matter. Yet it matters. Wetin I write na wetin my eyes see.  Except my doctor gave me the wrong lens, I saw clearly, lol.

Abeg organizers, replay that tape. Una do a great job but some things need to be nipped to the bud in future pageants. I await for the day MGBN will produce another Miss World. Another Miss World? Somebody said I should wake up from my nightmare haha. At least the selected winner is much younger and pretty too. Until things are put right... biko, I need a cup of coffee. 



Feel free to send in wetin you eyes see. For those who didn’t watch it, watch when it’s released on Youtube (that is, if it is not edited) and tell  me what you think.

By the way, let us thank the governor of Bayelsa state, Hon Seriake Dickson,  who said he would want to permanently host the MBGN pageant in the state  and select  more MBGN queens.

And yeah,  BLOGGERS LENS is here to stay. Kisses:)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar