Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Newest Pop Prince, Adam Tyler, Talks 'Shattered Ice!'

    
     In a world dominated by female vocalists, the pop genre is long overdue for a wider male perspective and is about to get introduced to an exciting new star.

     Missouri native Adam Tyler moved to Los Angeles to achieve his dreams of a successful solo pop career. Tyler’s career started in a boy band–which was a different image and sound than he wanted to venture into.

     Tyler eventually released his first solo demo album, “Lullabies for Rattlesnakes,” which led to a devoted following and the release of the artist’s first music video for his electro-pop track “Friction.” The young artist is currently promoting his official debut album, “Shattered Ice,” which features two singles– “I Won’t Let You Go” and “Like A Drug.”

     “For ‘Shattered Ice,’ I was inspired by events and situations that involved either my friends or myself,” Tyler says. “I didn’t have any specific artists in mind when making the album. I just knew I wanted it to be pop.”

     Wanting a strict pop sound for his debut album came to be from the artist’s wide range of music influences.“Some of my music idols are Madonna, George Michael, Robyn, Hurts and September,” Tyler says. “I listen to so much music the list could go on and on, but those are just a few.”

     The album materialized after Tyler found himself working with a mix of different producers and songwriters after spending a year with his boy band. “I was contacted by a songwriter on MySpace that hooked me up with a bunch of producers,” he says. “I needed to record some of the songs we wrote so I went to a local studio where I met Sky Felix, the main producer of my album. We hit it off. One song turned into three which eventually turned into a whole album. That is how ‘Shattered Ice’ was born!”

     Tyler is not your typical mainstream pop artist. While many acts currently seated at the top of the charts don’t sing original material, Tyler made sure that didn’t happen. “I wrote all of the tracks featured on the album. I was completely hands-on with the making of ‘Shattered Ice,’” Tyler says. “I co-produced a few of the tracks and was with my producer for a majority of the mixing as well. Being that involved with my music felt amazing.”

     The album has produced two singles so far, including current single “Like A Drug,” which has been getting positive responses from numerous DJs. “At the moment I am focused on just promoting the single, but there is a chance for more singles from the album,” Tyler says. “There are a few songs I already have video ideas for, so we will see how things go and maybe we will have another single later in the year.”

     Tyler tried to start his career in London, but ended up in Los Angeles. The always-busy artist is indeed moving forward with his career, alluding to plans of working on a new album and the possibility of a full tour. “I am constantly writing and I have a few different projects I am working on at the moment. It is all a bit hush-hush, but I do plan on working on a new album very soon. I have a lot of gigs for 2012, but plan on touring and performing more and more,” he says.

     Tyler’s rise to fame was not an easy one, but he advises struggling musicians to keep working towards their goals and dreams. “Make sure you have a great support system around you and surround yourself with people who believe,” Tyler says. “Don’t listen to negativity and make sure to commit yourself to your music. Don’t let anyone else tell you ‘no.’ Just keep at it and do not stop because hard work will eventually pay off.”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar