Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dizaster Speaks On Destroying Canibus In Rap Battle

last year, underground battle rap king, Dizaster broke a lot of people's hearts when he totally destroyed Canibus in a rap battle. It was a really sad day for Hip Hop, cos Canibus resulted to reading his rhymes from his notepad during the battle. Dizaster reflects on this in a recent interview-







“I remember he was interested in doing a battle, he wanted to do a battle and as they were talking with him, there was nothing setup and he went and dissed me on a record. He said some crazy shit, he was like, ‘Yo, Dizaster, ayo, I’ll eat him for practice,’ he had one of those lines. Yo, I fuck with Canibus. People think I’m always making fun of him and shit. He was one of those dudes that I grew up really fucking with, he was the best. My whole thing is that he was looked at as a crazy freestyler. He doesn’t know how to freestyle. There’s two different types of battlers in the world today. That’s why I respect certain battlers. I fuck with certain battlers and there’s certain other battlers, I fuck with them, too, but I can’t have that respect level for them...He couldn’t deal with that...He showed up to the fucking battle and he couldn’t even spit the shit that he had written and when he was supposed to at least be Canibus the super freestyler he went and asked his friend for the notepad, and you could tell his boy didn’t even want to give him the shit. I was looking at his hand and he was shaking while he was holding the pad, and it’s crazy watching a dude that you idolized growing up and he’s shaking in front of you. (VLADTV)"





I know Canibus did that battle for money, he didn't really prepare. And what Dizaster said is true; Canibus is not a fresstyler. He can write down a hot 16 or 32 bar verse of fire, and record it in the studio, but he can't freestyle off the top like some rappers can do. I think just a few rappers can do that...like Jadakiss, Eminen and some other rappers I can't remember right now. I know Royce Da 5'9 can't freestyle, he has personally said that in an interview before...but he can go bananas on a track. I also know that Nas can't freestyle off the top of the head like that. Maybe when he was starting out he was freestyling, but right now, he is more of a rhyme book rapper. Most battle rappers don't make good songs anyway. 




I guess Dizaster's issue was that he idolized Canibus as a young'n, and then finally met him and was disappointed. I remember when I heard Canibus's Second Round K.O diss song at LL Cool J, I was blown away. Then I heard his How Come song with Youssou N'Dour and Wyclef, and was like...this dude must be from another planet. So, I get where Dizaster is coming from. There was a time Canibus and Eminem were beefing, and most people were rooting for Canibus to win...that was how good Canibus was at the time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar